During this time of year I love to brighten up my front door with a beautiful wreath. Who doesn't love to display a beautiful holiday wreath on their front door? But yet they can be so pricey. Its crazy! I was recently at Mom2mom which is similar to MOPS and one of my friends was making a wreath like this, she said she made it for $6. My jaw dropped. I talked with her to find out all the info to make a wreath. Its was seriously prefect timing because I had a Pinterest Party that night. We had to make and bring 3 identical items all for $5 each, so this was a prefect fit. Since the wreath costed more I just decided to make the wreath smaller to stay on budget. When I finished I was so excited with the way the wreath turned out it was absolutely beautiful.
4 small tubes of plastic Christmas bulbs from the Dollar Tree.
2 medium tubes of plastic Christmas bulbs from the Dollar Tree.
1 wire hanger (I found this in my closet from the dry cleaners).
Gorilla Glue or similar.
1. Take all the bulbs out of the plastic tubes then glue the top on them, put them in a bowl to dry. This helps so they don't pop off the hanger.
2. While the glue is drying grab your hanger and form it into a circle. If you have a bowl you can use it as a guide. Once you have a circle and it doesn't have to be prefect. Unthread your hanger at this point as well.
3. Now you will start to weave the bulbs on to the wire hanger on the side of the hanger that doesn't have the hook. I didn't do any specific pattern, I just put the bulbs on in any order. The bulbs will start to gather.
4. Once your hanger is full you will thread your hanger back together and give a little extra twist.
5. Add a ribbon for the bow, tying it to the top of your hanger. This step is totally optional.
This craft is so easy, cheap and fast. You will have a amazing holiday wreath in no time at all.
I made 3 wreaths; 2 with ribbons and 1 without. The ribbon was at the the Dollar Tree too.
Here are some of the crafts from the Pinterest Party. Not one person made the same thing. We had to get up and talk about our craft then draw 3 peoples names from a bowl and those are the 3 that got that craft. I left with Moon Shine and bath salts, chalk board candle holder and kids entertainment box for the car.